RE: Access Denied

From: John Davey <john@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:18:37 +1030

Ports up to 1024 are reserved and port 81 is an assigned port by IANA.

You may be interested in reading the following Internet RFC 1340 regarding
reserved ports
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc1340.html

Why do you want to use 81 when there is plenty to choose from above 1024.
Most proxies & firewalls will block access to it.

Still I suppose if you do not want to be seen on the Internet.

John Davey
NetYP Systems Engineer
http://www.netyp.com