Re: [Q] Application using port 80 problem

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 19:12:55 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, [ks_c_5601-1987] Heejo Lee [ÀÌÈñÁ¶] wrote:

> So I looked into the packet from the browser, it seems that the packet
> is not normal HTTP request but decoded in some binary form. So squid
> can't handle these packets.

What would you like Squid to do with packets it doesn't recognise? The
assumption when running a server on a port is that only recognisable
connections will be made, and when IP packets are hijacked (a la port
redirection) unexpected results are possible, as you've discovered. Your
best bet is probably to adjust your firewall to except these particular
connections.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781