Re: large proxies

From: Adam Neat <adamneat@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:49:14 +1100 (EST)

As Kendall said, its really dependant on various factors.

Purchasing a Sun E3000 and loading it up with 200Gb of disk would not be a
good return on investment, where as a Intel based Linux box with less disk
would. If the captial costs in purchasing hardware, etc, outweigh the
savings you would make on traffic and transit cost redunction, then the
use of the proxy server are misbalanaced.

Regards

Adam