Re: Ok to erase unused L1 cache directory?

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:44:14 +1100

Hi Steve,

I strongly recommend against reducing these values downwards after squid has
been run. I did so myself as an experiment, and ended up with squid
assertions as squid went looking for the directory which no longer existed,
and all sorts of problems (as well as losing a chunk of my cache).

You probably won't gain much by reducing it downwards anyway apart from a
few inodes which hold directory infomation...

Reuben