pam_auth module with listfile and pam_smb modules

From: Eric J Bennett <Eric.Bennett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:30:00 +0000

I'm currently undertaking a project to configure a module for a squid
server (authenticator_program compatible) which checks an arbitrary file
(one user per line) as well as authenticating to an smb server, if the
auth to the smb server succeeds and the user is not found in the
aforementioned arbitrary file, OK is passed to the user. otherwise
ERR is passed,I've done this so far by using pam_smb auth and
pam_listfile module, this is the contents of my /etc/pam.d/squid file

auth required pam_smb_auth.so nolocal debug
auth required pam_listfile.so onerr=succeed item=user sense=deny
file=/var/www/blocker/acldeny

for some reason though this does not appear to be working as it
should... does anyone have any clue why?

Secondly, assuming I eventually get this thing to work, how can I make a
return page for access denied and know on what criteria it was denied
(if smb failed or if listfile failed, for example, if smb failed,
standard normal error message, if listfile failed, an alternate error
message)

Any Assistance Appreciated.

Thankyou

Eric