tuning Squid on Solaris 7

From: Isabelle Moullet <Isabelle.Moullet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:52:20 +0100

Bonjour,

We are running Squid 2.3 stable 1 on a Solaris 2.7 machine.
In our case, it also appends that the median service times given in
the cachemanager menu reach quite a high value for the Cache_Miss
(4-5 sec).
In a previous message, H. Nordstrom talked about the tuning to allow
the use of a larger range of ports for a Linux system. Is this also
possible on a Solaris machine ?
The suggested command (netstat -n | wc -l) gives a value around 3300
on our system.
Is this value too high ? Any way to tune the system (Solaris 2.7) ?

Thanks for your reply

Best regards

Isabelle Moullet
Groupe conseils et etudes