Re: HELP PLEASE!!

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:46:26 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, GOI Technical Department wrote:

> use squid2.3, but stable1 have some bugs fixed in stable2, so, where can
> i get Stable2?</bigger>

Give them time - remember that you are not paying for Squid, and that if
the maintainers aren't fixing bugs fast enough for you, you are welcome to
do it yourself. The last thing that people working on free software need
is people bugging them about when they'll release a new version. You'll
just have to trust that they are not sitting around laughing at you trying
to use the bug-ridden software that they have deliberately written to
frustrate you :) As soon as a new version is considered ready for
release, you'll see it on the web site.

Oh, and please try to strip HTML out of your messages before you send them
to this list - it just confuses things for some of us.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781