Automatically Restart Squid?

From: Craig <barneys@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:05:46 +1100

Hi all,

We are currently running Squid 2.3 Stable1 on a Redhat 6.0 box. We have
added to neccessary lines in our rc.local file to make squid automatically
start when the box starts as per the FAQ, which works fine.

But the FAQ also mentions the following "Squid will automatically
background itself and then spawn a child process". "The parent process just
waits for the child process to exit. If the child process exits
unexpectedly, the parent will automatically start
another child process".

Could someone please give me some detailed instructions on how we can make
our system spawn the child process? Our system doesn't appear to spawn a
child process.

Yours Thankfully

Craig Morgan
Barneys Online Communications