Unsubscribe

From: Collegebookzone <Jason@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:55:43 -0500

unsubscribe

-----Original Message-----
From: Costa, Todd [mailto:Todd.Costa@dmh.state.ma.us]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 4:20 PM
To: 'squid-users@ircache.net'
Subject: Unidentified subject!

Hello Squid-users,

        I am seeking information on a particular method I would like to use
Squid for. Please bare with me, I am extremely new to Squid and I am not
certain if squid is the tool I need. I went through the FAQ's as best as I
could, great info, but I didn't find my answer there. Ok here it goes,

        I want to use Squid to monitor and record where my end users are
going on the Net. I currently manage three WAN/LAN segments and was asked to
monitor my end users activities. We have an Internet Policy but not a good
method to enforce the policy with. I guess it sounds simple but again I am
not certain if Squid is the correct tool here. Any ways.

Configuration:

        As for the WAN/LAN configuration I want to monitor. I have two NT
4.0 SP4 server with approx. 45 NTWS 4.0 SP4 that all us IE 4.0 SP1a for a
browser. The segment gets out to the Net over a Fractional T1 then hits a
firewall before actually getting to the Net. Since I am looking at some kind
of filtering method does this mean I need to place this device in between
the router and the segment to capture the http requests?

Problem:

        I do not have any control over my router nor the offsite firewall. I
am told that http monitoring is done somewhere but I seriously doubt it
since I always catch someone at none related web sites and nothing ever
comes of it. Because my company is extremely political I guess I want a
stealth method that I can use to get the information needed as requested.

Thanks for any help and or thoughts

Todd