Proxy Authentication

From: Dean Grubb <grubbda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 13:46:56 +1100

Hi,

I've finally got squid talking to a Neware 5 LDAP server (server is using SSL). I can only get it to work if the "use clear text passwords" option is turned on.

What affect will this have on security, how is the password transmited from the browser to squid and then on to the LDAP server.

What routines does the password go through to get validated?

I used a packet sniffer to examine the packet and could see the words proxy authentication basic and then a crypted word, I aussme this was the username+password.

Dean Grubb
Customer Support Officer
TAFE Tasmania - Devonport Campus
email: grubbda@tafe.tas.edu.au