pop-up window on first authentication?

From: Richard Trott <trott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:33:22 -0800 (PST)

My organization wants to implement Squid such that when users first
authenticate, they are given a pop-up window (or a separate browser window
or an intermediate Web page or whatever) that reminds them of their
usage agreement (do not share access with others, etc.).

Upon reviewing how we can make this happen, I've concluded that it would
be quite a bit of trouble. I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Below are my conclusions. Have I missed something that will make my life
easier? I've checked the FAQ, done some Google and Deja.com searches, and
I've browsed the squid-users archive, but haven't found anything...

-----

There are currently no configuration options in squid that would allow an
administrator to insert a page of any kind upon first authentication (and
only on first authentication). Therefore, the viable options are:

1) Hack the source code to implement this option (yuck)
2) Try to find a way to stick it in the proxy authentication dialogue box
by setting proxy_auth_relam to some bizarre value that contains either the
usage agreement (abbreviated to however many characters are allowed--fat
chance) or a URL for the usage agreement (resulting in an unintelligible
message in the authentication dialogue box)
3) Make a big deal about the usage agreement when people sign up and
forget about sticking it into squid somewhere.

A bizarre thought that just occurred to me...would it be possible to make
the .pac Javascript file pop up a window on Javascript-enabled clients?
Probably not...

Anyway, am I basically correct above?

Rich