Re: dns timeouts?

From: Michael Ju. Tokarev <mjt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:35:12 +0300

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:16:45 -0800, you wrote
about dns timeouts in your squid cacher.

I just looked to mailing lists archive for about exactly same problem,
and found your message and nothing else... I have this trouble too...

Does you got any responses? I ask you because I just subscribed to list
and unable to read other messages comed before today. And no answer was
found in archive(s)...

Just some more details from me.

(For now, I set negative_dns_ttl = 1 seconds ;)

Then used with internal dns lookups, it gives that message --
NO DNS Resords. After recompiling with --disable-internal-dns,
I got another responce -- No DNS records of specified type
(while such a records exists!). All this completely wrong,
and all other programs worked just fine (mailserver, for example,
uses dns to resolve each client's ip to hostname and rejects
mail from hosts without PTR RRs and also lookups maps rbl).

For completness --
 OS Linux 2.2.14, glibc 2.1.2, named 8.2.2_P5.

Does anybody have any comments about this?