cgi problem

From: Luigi-Alberto Giachini <giachini@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 15:00:45 +0100 (CET)

Hi all, my situation: a couple of Linux Slackware 7.0 with squid-2.3.STABLE1.
A firewall in between and the two caches in a parent/child relationship.

The problem is with cgi.
I browsed the archives and the faqs looking for a similar
situation, but implementing the suggested workarounds in a mail of the
archive I still have the same problem:

Child cache (behind the firewall) with:

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl CGI urlpath_regex -i cgi-bin cgi \?
never_direct allow all
never_direct allow CGI

and hierarchy_stoplist commented out.

Parent cache with only hierarchy_stoplist commented out and a direct
connection to Internet.

When my browser points to a page containing a cgi i see the DEFAULT_PARENT
message in the log of the child and the DIRECT one in the log of the parent.
But, if the method used is the GET one the cgi works well, else if it uses
the POST method, i got a connection error. It seems to be a problem with the
QUERY_STRING variable of the environment.

Thanks to anyone for your attention

                Luigi