Re: Usage for ACLs-only practical?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 20:14:59 +0100

rpfries@delanet.com wrote:

> Any ideas of what "large number of sites" and "sufficient number"
> are defined as? The User's Guide is dated Sept, 97, so I'm sure
> that Squid has been improved, and base system configurations
> have changed since the manual was written.

Squid has indeed improved a lot since this section of the Users Guide
was written. It should now be capable of handling a huge numbers of
dstdomain entries. However, any regex based ACL's is a performance
killer unless grouped in smart ways by combining several different ACL's
(linear search within each acl).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker