Re: FATAL: Unknown cache_dir type /usr/squid/cache

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 09:49:22 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Valter Brazzini - GSSI wrote:

> I have the following error message when I try to startup Squid to
> configure the cache directory.
>
> FATAL: Unknown cache_dir type '/usr/squid/cache'

Have you actually read the squid.conf file? Believe it or not, it actually
does explain both the syntax and the meaning of each directive and its
options.

In this case, the problem is that you have left out 'ufs' from your
'cache_dir' directive - specifying the type of cache directory is now
required in Squid 2.3.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781