Re: Maximum Resident Size

From: squid <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 00 09:38:45 -0500

-- [ From: squid * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Thanks for your reply Henrik.

I am using RedHat6.1(satndard CD installation), with Squid 2.2 Stable4 (rpm
that came with RedHat CD), I forced the hard drive controller (Adaptec 2940W
) to 40mbits, and the Page faults are decreasing now, slowly, but going down
. I will try to add another 128mb ram to total 384mb on ram.

Number of HTTP requests received:445101
Number of ICP messages received:223228
HTTP requests per minute:107.7
ICP messages per minute:108.3
Storage Swap size:2115990 KB
Storage Mem size: 65540 KB
Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 122233

But I am worried about this: Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB, is OK to have it
like this ?, As far as my little knowledge on Linux and Squid, it seems to
be caching OK.

Please advice if possible.

Thanks
Rolando