Re: C:\CoolProgs\Pretty Park.exe ** IS A WORM **

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 15:49:37 +1030 (CST)

According to Bill Wichers:

>Watch out. Norton says this contains a worm.

Oh no, not again.

>I've been on this list for years and never remember seeing so many files
>like these being circulated.. Is this some nasty new trend?

Yeah - it's called M$ Outlook which very is cooperative in allowing a
random script to take your addressbook and spam everyone in it without
telling you it is going to do it. It makes propagating a worm like
this as easy as convincing an unwitting person to click on an icon.

Mind you, this could be done in unix as well but it would take a lot
more work to do it correctly.