Re: Why I cann't make cache directory?

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 01:42:38 +1100

Please, go and have a browse though the Squid FAQ which is at:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/

or, more specifically:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.37

where you will find the answer.

This question gets asked very (too) frequently...and the answer you want is
in the FAQ. There is also an explanation in your squid.conf file of what
to put. You are bound to find (interesting) answers to other questions you
have, in the FAQ too.

Basically, you need to specify a file system type, ext2 is not a valid file
system to put on your cache_dir line. ext2 may be the type of file system
you are running on linux, but in this case the file system type value is
specific to squid and does not depend on what you are using on your normal
file system.

reuben