Access allow per hostname fails, per address succeeds, help???

From: Plak, Peter <peter.plak@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:43:06 +0100

Hi,

Ik installed the cachemanager for Squid. I want only allow acces to the
cachemanager from my labtop, which has hostname xxx_yyy.domain.nl, but I'm
refused. However, if I use my ip-adres then I'm allowed. Since I work at
different adresses everyday, it has to work with my hostname.

The same I experience in ACL for Squid. Can't get it work with host &
domainnames, only with ip-adresses. I can ping from the squidmachine my
hostname, no problem.

What i do wrong???

details:
labtop Win NT with dhcp client, squid stable 2.2-5