Squid Server.

From: Nick <nick@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:36:57 -0800

    Well im going to try to make a squid server..
i have read a bit about the setup etc.. im going to use
a pii 450 256mb of ram and a ultra 2 18gb scsi drive. my question is 1
will this system be ok? we have about 900 users.
also. i can understand how to have each person setup the squid server
as thier proxy. but i dont exactly understand how its setup so that every one
of our users goes through the squid box w/out knowing it and how the squid box
can catch all the requests etc.. is it setup in the DNS somehow? im just unsure of
the setup. and the FAQ's etc dont go into much detail about this any help would be Greatly
appriciated. you can email me at nick@cetnet.net
Thanks in Advance
~Nick