IIS weird

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:47:08 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

though it is not a Squid problem, it is cache related. On my new caches, I
am running snoop to see what requests arrive that shouldn't go there. I
happen to see some weirdness when contacting a M$ IIS 4.0: The IIS sends
me netbios-ns (137/udp) datagrams in return - besides the answer, I guess.
Usually three in a row.

Does anybody of you see this weird behaviour, too? Weird, because, why
would the origin server assume that I'd be running a M$ os - which I
don't.

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726