squid 2.3.stable1 and AIX rs6000

From: Jim Chivas <j_chivas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:25:48 -0800 (PST)

Greetings:

Yesterday the file system that squid caching resides on could not be
mounted at boot time due to the superblock being corrupted. The final
resolution was that fsck could not repair the superblock because the
partition itself was full. I guess fsck needs some space of its own. Once
I increased the partition by a few pp's then fsck worked ok. My question
is has any one else had the trouble if the cache disk area gets full the
partition goes down like this. I would hope aix would tell squid there is
no more disk space and then squid could either die gracefully or delete
some cache files or do something else.

How much leeway is there for the cache size set inside squid versus what
the external disk limits are set at the OS level?

Comments?

Jim

Jim Chivas, Computing/Network Services email: jchivas@langara.bc.ca
Langara College fax: (604) 323-5349
100 West 49th Avenue Voice: (604) 323-5390
Vancouver, B.C., Canada http://www.langara.bc.ca
V5Y 2Z6