Re: Can SQUID distinct file type?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 22:08:24 +0100

Duane Wessels wrote:

> This is done by the FTP server. The first mode is a binary transfer,
> and the data is unchanged. The second mode is an "ASCII" transfer,
> and the server inserts
> at the end of each line.

Actually in this case the CR is introduced by the web-browser. Unknown
files is downloaded using image (binary) transfer mode, and sent to the
web browser with the MIME type text/plain to allow easy viewing of
unkown file types.

This should probably be changed in the default mime.conf to use
application/octet-stream for unknown filetypes.

How:
Change the last lime of mime.conf to read
. application/octet-stream anthony-unknown.gif - image +view +download

the +download is actually redundant here, but I prefer to have both on
all types to have more consistent file listings.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker