FreeBSD 3.4, Squid 2.3S2, Cisco IOS 11.2(12)P WCCP proxy need help

From: Rudy Komsic <rudyk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 22:14:46 -0500

Hello

I am running FreeBSD 3.4 with Squid 2.3 Stable 2 trying to run the
proxy service in transparent mode with my Cisco Router. The Cisco
has WCCP turned on, but the Cisco does not see the Sqauid Box. I was
reading about the FAQ on how to configure squid with FreeBSD but
still the problem is that I got no Communications under WCCP with my
Cisco. Do I need to apply the patch for GRE to work? How do I apply
it? I am a novice FreeBSD/Expert TCP user. If anyone can help me
get this box up and running, I would appreciate it.