file_map_allocate problem

From: Robin Leong <robin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 16:54:25 +0800

Hi,

There's a problem occurs on my Squid proxy server and I need some help
from you all.
When squid is started, I can't seems to start up the siblings.
Here's the error I got from /var/log/messages:

mars (squid): file_map_allocate: Exceeded filemap limit.
mars squid(483): Squid Parent: child process 486 exceeded with status 1

Any ways to solve this issue?
I used to run Squid proxy server without any problems. It just appear
suddenly and no one is able to use proxy at all.
By the way, I'm running Squid on Linux.

Please help and thanks in advance.

Regards

Robin Leong