Stopping SQUID

From: Simon Bryan <sbryan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:00:51 +1100

In recent times we have had to stop our server many times due to power
outages during rebuilding. Every time we have found that a simple 'shutdown
now' hangs when trying to kill SQUID. I have found that I have to use -n (and -
h to stop the reboot) to get it to go down.
We are running Mandrake 6 and Squid2.2 Stable4.
Does this sound like a Squid problem or a Linux problem? (or even normal
behaviour?)

Cheers,

--
Simon Bryan                    sbryan@olmc.nsw.edu.au