Re: Squid: LDAP authentication and multiple connections with same user/password

From: Drift <drift@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:26:50 +0900

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response. I installed squid 2.3 so
"authenticate_ip_ttl" is included. Have you used this setting before?
I read through the explanation:

# TAG: authenticate_ip_ttl
# With this option you control how long a proxy authentication
# will be bound to a specific IP address. If a request using
# the same user name is received during this time then access
# will be denied and both users are required to reauthenticate
# them selves. The idea behind this is to make it annoying
# for people to share their password to their friends, but
# yet allow a dialup user to reconnect on a different dialup
# port.
#
# The default is 0 to disable the check. Recommended value
# if you have dialup users are no more than 60 (seconds). If
# all your users are stationary then higher values may be
# used.
#
#authenticate_ip_ttl 0

but I am not exactly sure what the first sentence is trying to say.
Does this mean that it will disconnect all users every "set" duration?
or just the ones that have multiple IP addresses connected using one
user/password? Either my grasp of English is horrible or the
explanation is not really clear. Before I try to implement anything
like this it would be nice to hear from people that have tried this.

Thanks again for you help,