Re: async-io or no aysnc-io

From: Max Dittrich <Dittrich@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:08:08 +0100

Hi Suresh and all,

> Hi,
>
> I have been using 2.3S1 on a Sparc running Solaris 7 with
> around 25GB of cache. If I recompile using --enable async-io
> and then change cache_dir ufs /xxx aaaa bb ccc to
> cache_dir asyncufs /xxx aaaa bbb ccc will it continue to work
> or do I need to purge all the cached objects. TIA

I´ve changed the type of the fs in the other direction ( asyncufs -> ufs
) without cleaning the diskcache and any other problems. I had to do
this because of repeated death of squid ( 2-3 times in 2 hours ) with
asyncufs. There was a problem accessing a cache file, which doesn´t
exist. Perhaps the solution would be to apply the patch correcting the
callback-results. See:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.3/bugs/#squid-2.3.stable1-asyncufs_callback_args

bye
...Max