FreeBSD question

From: Sean Lutner <slutner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:02:54 -0500

Hi all...
        I'm new to this list and have a few (simple I hope) question regarding
squid under FreeBSD. I've scoured the FAQ and list archive for specifics
on my situation but have found nothing that helps.

Heres the setup...

I'm setting out to have a transparent proxy/cache squid server running.
The machine I intend to put it on is also the firewall/nat/dns/dhcp
server for our office. All the traffic outbound from the office is
coming from a private RC1918 network (192.168.x.x). There are two
interfaces on the machine and everything gets redirectd out.

I found a few firewall (ipfw) rules and a kernel option and tried them
out, but when I started up squid with the new ipfw rules no one could
get anywhere port 80.

Here are the two rules...
$fwcmd add 49 allow tcp from 192.168.1.1 to any
$fwcmd add 50 fwd 127.0.0.1 tcp from any to any 80

I got these from the squid FAQ. I'm just wondering if I'm mising
something in my squid.conf or if I need to change my ipfw rules or what.

Any help anyone can offer would be great.

Sean Lutner