Re: COles Online

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 18:55:21 -0800

I had a conversation with them a long time ago, when they were beta-ing.
They're talking a non-http protocol (hence the app scheme). IIRC, their app
is developed with a third party app-building environment that's pretty
suboptimal; it doesn't take any kind of proxy (HTTP or SOCKS).

As I recall (can't find the mail), the dev person that I talked to was nice,
but didn't think there was a need for proxy functionality - frankly a stupid
assumption, especially in Australia.

I'm afraid you're pretty much SOL (unless they've changed; this must have
been 8 months ago at least); I think I had to punch a hole through the
firewall for this one...

--
Mark Nottingham, Senior Developer
Akamai Technologies (San Mateo, CA)