Re: Off topic (ish)

From: Michael Ju. Tokarev <mjt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:11:27 +0300

That's looks _very_ strange for my.
Squid always (as I know it, from 1.x version) supports ftp proxying.
And I always used this feature without any trouble...
Yes, this can't help with, say, standard windoze ftp client that is unable
to use _any_ proxy except of transparent "port forward" only one.
But squid is ok for almost any modern ftp clients, such as built-in to browsers,
and many, many others (cuteftp etc). And yes, it enforces usual restrictions
etc, with optional redirecting and cache control etc etc that are available for
http protocol.

Maybe I miss something?!