Re: Q. Cache Disk Full?

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 19:09:50 +1100

I've also had the disk full problem recently on a very (insanely) small
cache. I worked around it also by lowering the low and high water mark
thresholds. I've submitted details of similar behaviour to squid-bugs and
have been told can be fixed, but may take time.

As a fix if your cache overfills, you can also get away with removing a few
of the larger objects from your cache and following the workaround advice
as below. I'd also suggest you remove your swap.state and swap.state.new
file and then start squid again. This way it will build a complete new
(and up to date) swap.state which will account for the files you have
removed, and will also be sure to be complete.
Why complete? if the swap.state has been only partially written to disk
(truncated), squid seems to still accept it as "clean" and hence your
swap.state file may think fewer objects are on disk than really are.

Rebuilding a new swap.state may take a few hours, but at least it will then
accurately report what is on disk and know what objects are there and what
aren't...

Reuben