Re: Authentication with parent proxy

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:06:14 +1030 (CST)

According to Flothow, Sebastian:

>I have a proxy which requires authentication and I want Squid to use this
>proxy as its parent. Squid should authenticate itself instead of forwarding
>the 'authentication required' reply to the client.
>Is there some way to do this?

Yes, look in the comments in the squid.conf file for the parent config
line - there is an option for putting in a username and password to
authenticate to the parent with. The only glitch I have found is that
this does not seem to work with a SSL connection - I get prompted for
my username and password by the parent when I go to a https site. Yes
I have checked my browser settings, all point to the local squid cache.