Re: squid's behavior when using wget to ftp a site?

From: arnee <arnee@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:03:30 -0800

"Jens-S. Voeckler" wrote:

> I have not worked that intensive with wget, but if it is capable of
> forwarding a user defined header, you might want it to send along an
> "Proxy-Connection: keep-alive\r\n". Squid will try to hold the connection
> persistent, if the fetched object allows it (e.g. the fetched object must
> possess a valid Content-Length reply header).
>
> Le deagh dhùrachd,
> Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
> Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
> University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726

Any idea why squid closes the connection? This is a wget ftp proxy connection
to a host. I would assume that the connection would only close if wget (or
any ftp clients) sends a close command or if the host terminates the
connection. Thanks for the info. Plus, I don't think wget is capable of
forwarding a user defined hearder... I'll take a look.

---
arnee