Newbie cant Cache

From: Ashis Kumar Mal <akm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 13:36:31 +0530 (IST)

Hi All,
I have just got squid to start without any FATAL messages, after a long
struggle. My machine [P-III/128MB/Linux/] is connected to internet through
a dial up line(very slow link) and it is serving 20 windows clients.
Now when one client has loaded a web page and if another client wants
to get the same page squid is not giving any HIT message in access.log Its
going to fetch the same page directly.
Now how to configure my squid so that atlest a loaded page should not be
refetched for atlest within 10 minutes.
I have tried to go through the FAQ and Squid Users Guide. But Could not
understand much.
Any help will be of immense help to our students.
With best regards,

Sincerely yours,
Ashis Kumar Mal
NERIST.