conection refused

From: Roberto Carlos Barrios Díaz <rocabadi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 11:15:21 -0500

I am a neophyte with the Squid.
I have Linux Mandrake version 7.0 (Air) with kernel 2.2.14-15mdsecure and install Squid version 2.2 STABLE5. When I boot up the system, the message appears:

Starting squid

Squid [xxx]:Squid Parent:Child proccess xxx started

However when I execute the commando squid -k check the following message it returns:

Squid:ERROR:No running copy

When with Netscape (4.7) I try to see a page this the following message returns: The server rejection the connection of net of Mozila. The server not this accepting connections or this busy one.

Which the problem is?

Does it lack to configure something more?

I will thank any help in this respect.