stopping and starting squid

From: Joel Taqueban <jtaqueba@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:44:59 +0800

Could anyone please provide me a script that enables me to stop or start
the squid process or access to the internet (from the proxy). I am
intending to provide a certain operator the privilege of having two
options on a menu, that is, stopping squid when he detects that there is
a lot of network traffic and starting it up again when the network is no
longer busy. (This is apart from the timings and have already defined
on the squid.conf file.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Joel