Authentication

From: Andreas Moroder <andreas.moroder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:33:05 +0100

Hello,

because our old machine was to slow I did install squid on a new machine
It's the version "Squid Cache version 2.3.STABLE2"

For authentication I di put the following line into the squid.conf file ( it was there an the paths are ok )

authenticate_program /usr/local/squid/bin/ncsa_auth /usr/local/squid/etc/passwd

If I try to connect to a site squid asks me correctly the username and the password, but it doesn't authenticate me correctly.
All worked fine on my old machine with an older version of squid.

I did start it with full debuging

./squid -d 4 -sYD -X 2>deb

but the message i found int the sources

    checklist->state[ACL_PROXY_AUTH] = ACL_LOOKUP_DONE;
    debug(28, 4) ("aclLookupProxyAuthDone: result = %s\n",
        result ? result : "NULL");

does newer appear in the log

Is there a known bug or what do i the wrong way

If i start the ncsa_auth with the same parameters from the command line ( not retyped, cut and paste ) it gives me back OK

Please help

Andreas Moroder