Re: Squid Bug?

From: Brian <signal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:06:30 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Duane Wessels wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Brian wrote:
>
> > > What do your URLs look like in access.log and store.log? They have
> > > hostnames or URLs?
>
> sorry, that should have been "hostnames or IP addresses".
>

> > URL's. I keep thinking that if squid would try to fetch the urls by
> > "name" instead of ipaddr, then that would maybe fix it? I have been
> > running squid for years, and never had this problem. We lost our
> > squid.conf file while doing a rebuild of the machine, so I had to rebuild
> > it from memory, and ever since then I am seeing this. At the same time I
> > brought the "new" squid online, we brought another online as well, so
> > that's changed too, instead of one squid, we use two.:
> >
> > 953916493.873 274 208.206.76.49 TCP_MISS/200 773 GET
> > http://207.155.248.72/ - DIRECT/207.155.248.72 text/html
> > 953916494.169 150 208.206.76.49 TCP_MISS/200 1881 GET
> > http://207.155.248.72/nav-bot-welcome.html - DIRECT/207.155.248.72
> > text/html
>
> So, here's your problem -- the IP addresses in URLs.
>
> For some reason you're not picking up the host header.
>
> Maybe it is your squid.conf after all :-|
>
> Maybe you need to turn on 'httpd_accel_uses_host_header'.

Thanks Duane, I think that was it :)

On an aside, do you think it would be appropriate for the FAQ, transparent
proxying section, to include how to use squid with Foundry l4 switches? i
noticed nothing was in there concerning hardware l4 switches, and didn't
know if that was by design or because no one had written anything on those
lines yet?

> Duane W.

Brian Feeny (BF304) signal@shreve.net
318-222-2638 x 109 http://www.shreve.net/~signal
Network Administrator ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881)