Re: squid.conf incompatibilities 2.2 Stable 4 - 2.3 Stable 2 ?

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 07:50:52 +1000 (EST)

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Gerard Cornu wrote:

> I configured the new system with the same acl and http_access rules
> than the old one. But on the 2.3 Stable 2 system, I can only access my
> domain. Has anybody got any idea of what may have changed between the
> two Squid releases, to bring this problem?

Well, I know it's going out on a limb, but you could actually read the
change log that is printed on the 2.3 web page... it will tell you that
among other things you have to make subtle changes to the way you refer to
domains (i.e. you must now include a leading dot). It sounds like this
change is your culprit.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781