Re: install squid ver 2.3.stable2 problem (fwd)

From: unit3 <unit3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 22:19:27 -0600

At 12:56 PM +1000 3/27/2000, Julie Xu wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I have upgrade squid and it is not successful, the reason is it set http
>port and icp port wronglg.
>From cache log:
>Accepting HTTP connections at 0.0.0.0, port ......
>Accepting ICP messages at 0.0.0.0, port ....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 0.0.0.0 mean it doesn't bind to
a specific IP address? It should still be working, AFAIK. Or do you
mean it actually put those periods instead of a port number in the
log?

>Currently, I did put line:
>http_port ipaddress.of.squidserver:portnumber
>icp_port 0
>Then it can work now, but I do need the ICP port to connect another old
>squid.

I believe the default icp port is 3130.. change to "icp_port 3130"
should fix that problem. Also, the config line "http_port 3128"
should fix the http port problem. AFAIK you shouldn't stick the ip
address of the squid cache in the http_port option, I think it it
automatically figures out the IP of your machine.

Graeme

--
"It really is coming down to just Apple and IBM. If, for some reason,
we make some giant mistake and IBM wins, my personal feeling is that