Re: Daemon mode VS non daemon mode

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:28:26 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Jimmy Stewpot wrote:

> are there any major benefits in using Squid as a daemon as apposed to
> using it as a non-daemon. This has confused me as i am unsure how much
> benefits there are in either way of running squid.

What do you mean by "non-daemon" mode? Squid certainly doesn't run from
inetd, as would normally be implied by calling something non-daemon. Are
you perhaps referring to Squid's DNS resolution methods?

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781