Re: No DNS records

From: Michael Ju. Tokarev <mjt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 02:41:03 +0400

Please give more info about your config. -- what os version,
where is dns server etc, and squid version (I guess that this is 2.3STABLE1?).
This is the same problem as I got sometime ago (and not only I),
but it is still unanswered.
See also a bug section at squid homepage (sorry can't give url now) -
for 2.3stable2 there is one bug about dns.

For now, you can (if this is 2.3stable1) recompile with --disable-internal-dns
and set negative_dns_ttl to 1 secounds in squid.conf (or something like this,
don't remember exactly).

I already notified squid-bugs about this. But seemed to be that this is
rarely happened problem...

P.S. What hardware you are using?

P.P.S. If something wrong with dns, squid gives another messages,
as, for example, "domain not found", "nameserver timeout" etc...