Re: ICQ through Squid Box (on Freebsd)

From: Sys Admin <stacka@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:18:18 -0500 (EST)

  fwiw,

  icq is a "socksified" client. that means if you want to use icq through a
  proxy...you need to have a SOCKS4/5 proxy running. a freeware socks
  client/server can be downloaded from (although i am not sure about the
  licsening agreements...check from yourself):

  http://www.socks.nec.com

  socks from nec is stable and works well...although i've had problems
  running the daemon in forking mode. instead...i just prefork lots of
  socks processes.

  -a-

  Andrew Stack
  UNIX Systems Administrator
  State University at New Paltz
  Phone: 914.257.3828

  GNU/Linux - The choice of a GNU generation.....

  One good solution to solve all your windows problems
  is to install some flavor of UNIX. 8-)