Re: : is this possible with squid ?

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:48:26 +0200

At 16:15 29.03.00 +0200, Juergen Hoffmann wrote:
[quoting repaired]
>Tilman Schmidt [Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de] wrote:
>-> At 18:09 29.03.00 +0530, Prashant Desai wrote:
>-> >>i dont to display squid's error page not even the customised one
>-> >>to our clients
>-> >>i just wants them to see pop up window that pops up because of some error
>-> >>condition (for site not found etc)
>-> >>
>-> >>is there a way ? by which i can get this thing working with my squid ?
>->
>-> No, Squid can't do that. Popping up a window is something that can
>-> only be done by the browser. I think that has been discussed here
>-> before.
>why shouldn't this be possible? Just customize your error page with
>javascript tags to open up a pop-up window...

This is making assumptions about the customer's browser configuration,
ie. Javascript must be supported and enabled.

Also, the page containing the JavaScript that pops up the window will
be displayed in the browser, which the original poster didn't want.

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman@schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)