SQUID 2.2-STABLE3 remapping redirectors

From: James Porter <webmaster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:04:35 -0500

Another odd question. I'm using a redirector process from a file called
redir.pl. The redirection functions work seemlessly as either IP Bases or
Named Based. The only problem I seem to have is this.

If I am in a browser on the internal network SQUID is running from the
redirector for the following..

s@http://www\.DOMAIN\.com@http://www\.DOMAIN\.com\.ap\.aeonflux\.net@;
s@http://DOMAIN\.com@http://www\.DOMAIN\.com\.ap\.aeonflux\.net@;
s@http://cyber\.DOMAIN\.com@http://www\.DOMAIN\.com\.ap\.aeonflux\.net/cyber@;

Work flawlessly. From redirecting calls to www.DOMAIN.com, DOMAIN.com or
cyber.DOMAIN.com including forcing cyber.DOMAIN.com to go to a subdirectory
of DOMAIN.com.

BUT if you access the same call coming from the outside NET SQUID does not
map cyber.DOMAIN.com to DOMAIN.com/cyber it delivers the ROOT of
DOMAIN.com. Is there a reason why?