Re: cacheing cgi's while in accelerator mode

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:47:08 +0200

Paonia Ezrine wrote:

> We have a web server that grabs a bunch of semi-dynamic content via cgi's
> mostly of the ? form. The box is just not keeping up, so we want to put a
> squid accelerator in front of it. Is there a way to get squid to cache
> this stuff?

Make the reply cachable with a explicit expiry time or cache-control
max-age TTL, and don't use no_cache to block caching of queries.

If changing the server to return cachable replies is not an option, then
things can be forced to be cached with help of the min age in
refresh_pattern rules in squid.conf.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker