RE: Squid on college campus?

From: Matthew King <Matthew.King@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 19:50:36 +1000

Hi.

I was the administrator for several schools in my local district at one
stage in my career.. Each school had a squid box acting as a cache and proxy
for about 110 client workstations. I was getting about 60% cache efficiency,
thus increasing available bandwidth considerably.

This had the effect of lowering costs and also giving greater quality of
service for web and other traffic.

Cya
Matthew