Re: Authentication in squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 16:08:21 +0200

Stefano Di Giancarlo wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a question about the authentication.
> I would make a nets with the possible to permit use of the proxy only of a
> request (username-password) and for only one username one source ip address. It
> is possible to do it?

Yes.

With ACL combinations you can limit access on a number of criterias such
as IP and/or user name.

authenticate_ip_ttl can be used to defer users from sharing their
username+password to other users. I also have a patch to make
authenticate_ip_ttl a bit more strict. See
http://squid.sourceforge.net/hno/patch-devel.html

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker