Re: delay_pool usage

From: <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 15:06:05 +1000

> below are the actual delay_pool entries in my squid.conf ... are those
> entries correct ? coz i tried it already and network 'uc' can go over the
> limit .. why is that ?

Remember cache hits are not included in this limit (among other things).
Cache hits are "free" traffic so they don't count in terms of limiting the
incoming traffic the users in question are permitted, but will show as
outgoing bytes to the client.

Were you counting the bytes incoming or going out to the client?

If you're seeing excessive incoming bytes for the total client allocations,
you may not have quick abort set 'quick enough'.

David.

David Luyer
Senior Network Engineer
Pacific Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd
Phone:  +61 3 9674 7525
Fax:    +61 3 9699 8693
Mobile: +61 4 1064 2258, +61 4 1114 2258
http://www.pacific.net.au        NASDAQ: PCNTF
<< fast 'n easy >>